Monday, July 18, 2005

Shadow puppetry and vegetarianism

So its around four in the evening, and I am waiting on the outside steps / seats of the amphitheatre / badminton court in alliance francais (god help me with the spellings, I have not even learnt the correct pronunciation yet). There is this workshop I am to attend at six, but since I am exceptionally anal retentive about being early more than being on time (which I can afford to do on account of being completely jobless in life) I have reached there at four (plus the coffee machine broke down at anokhi, again). Hmmm I just realized I seem to have more afterthoughts than thoughts. That being yet another example of being distracted at all times. I know it’s a surprise I ever passed school.

Now this is a technique I hope will help me get back into focus and address the topic at hand. This is quite simple really and is something you all can try at home. Change para’s. see simple aint it. Hopefully by incorporating this technique you will be able to eliminate the distracting thought and get back to the issue at hand.

I just realized that I have once again drifted off into yet another topic, i.e. explaining tricks of the trade rather than getting back. Hmmmmmmmmm Did it again didn’t I.

Why don’t I just leave space for a couple of para’s to make my mind believe that I can always come back to it later and move on with the story.










So its around four in the evening, and I am waiting on the outside steps/seats the amphitheatre/badminton court in alliance francais (for apologies and other such references please refer to the top). There is this workshop I am to attend at six, but since I am early I am just sitting around, going through old messages on my mobile, afraid of messaging anyone because then ill have to do that mobile chit chat which I was in no mood of ( no coffee that day you see). Anyway there is this group that’s setting up this massive cuboidal room thingy. It’s basically made up of metal frames that form a cuboid, a room for simplicity, covered on all sides by black cloth and a strip of white cloth running across its length facing the audience.

Now this structure is smack center of this stage area, but surprisingly facing its back to the concrete steps or seats. They had chairs laid out in front, what a waste of space I thought and then realized that if they set it in way such as to play to the audience seated on these steps, what they do inside this makeshift room can be seen by the number of people using the main building.

In any case, curious about everything as I am, (plus I was running low on phone battery so couldn’t continue checking old messages) I decided to go behind this structure and meet these seven men who were obviously way too busy.

*hang on be right back, tummy growling, must go
investigate fridge, cant type, need sustenance*

yay yay back now, bless the person who invented dosai maav, the many uses of which I shall go into some other time with before and after photos too, muahahahahahah curious?????? Well then you will just have to come back to read up on the many scintillating uses of dosai maav.

Where was I, oh yeah, structure set, battery low, yada yada yada, busy men, heheh busy men, too many weird thoughts. Come to think of it, there really is nothing funny that. Ewwwww. Just had an unwanted image form in my head. Quick, must change para

So there are these busy men……………………….. still not
happening…….

This is probably where another technique helps, word replacement, when a word or a phrase brings too many unwanted thoughts, then we must change it to something that means the same thing but doesn’t necessarily have the same effect on the warped brain in question.

So there are these seven performing folk artists, and I haven’t mis-spelt folk, and no its not someone saying the all familiar suggestion with an accent either.

Lord help me.

Maybe I should just try and finish the story some other time as everything seems to find its way to one topic.

I am so so so sorry for all those of you who were expecting an interesting and informative write up on shadow puppetry and vegetarianism that you could read and discuss over coffee, but I shall not leave you all high and dry either.
www.google.com
Go pig out and get all the info ya need.

Cheers



Shall leave you with something a wise man once said. Mary had a little lamb, and some mint sauce. Bon appetit. That’s French, as in alliance francais where I was just a few days ago. So it’s around four in the evening………………………….

-- EEEEEEEswar

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

phew!!.......god bless you!

July 19, 2005 5:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so typically you eeswar :P

-- kuniyammae

July 22, 2005 6:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeeeswar,
sleep eswar... half your problems get solved with sleep, the other half... well you'll learn to live with them... but at least you're aware that you've got problems. thats a start. and just for your info, mary didn't have a little lamb... thats what they want you to believe, tis a conspiracy by the aliens... they're just screwing with your head... little do they know its not necessary, but hey they don't know you as well as i do

July 24, 2005 9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god...iswar ....why am i not surprised....:-P...the article is just so you...:-) megha

July 25, 2005 10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cant expect any better from you. The same old you in a new platter, REFINED (r u?) With lots of dramatization - thanks to EVAM. Aaaaaaannnnd the end result, No surprises! Frustation to the reader or They call it funny/sense of humour (Diplomatic isn't it?)...
Get to your creative side pal, You're so much better...

Jimmy! Couldn't agree more ;)

--dEvil

September 15, 2005 4:03 pm  
Blogger Celia said...

I wonder who is more jobless!!! you or ME?

September 20, 2005 4:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home